Brimming with scientific equipment, teaching resources,
experiments and planning guides, the In the Zone kit (delivered to
all UK schools in 2012) contains the tools you need to teach
practical and investigative lessons exploring how the human body
works during sport and movement.
What's in the kit?
The In the Zone kit for Ages 11-19 contains:
- Teacher Guide
- Laminated Knowledge Cards (a set of four for each age range:
11-14, 14-16 and 16-19)
- Curriculum Guide
- 2 Pulse Oximeters
- 2 Peak Flow Meters
- 4 Lung Volume Bags
- 100 Disposable Mouthpieces (for Peak Flow Meters and Lung
- 25 Elastic Bands
- 12 Tape Measures
- Respirometer Kit containing: 1 2-litre plastic bottle, 6 bungs,
6 lengths of hard tubing, 6 lengths of flexible tubing, 6 one-way
- 5g Bromothymol Blue
- 100 ml Sodium Hydroxide (0.1M)
- 6 Pipettes
- 6 Indicator Charts
- 1 Blood Pressure Monitor
- Big Picture on Exercise, Energy and
How do I get a kit?
All secondary schools and colleges in the UK were sent a kit in
early 2012; you did not need to register to receive one. The kits
were addressed to the Head of Science.
What can I do if I don't have a kit?
All the teacher and pupil notes are available to download from
the resources section so anyone can carry out the In the Zone